Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day 13 – Friday! Lava to Blackfoot

Day 13 – Friday! July 13 - Lava to Blackfoot
64.9 miles, 4:39, 13.9 avg

Lazy morning, still left before most people got up. Good downhill to McCammon. Luckily found Old Hwy 91, so didn’t have to ride on 15. One of the best roads of the whole tour! Easy rollers, no wind, no traffic, cool volcanic cliffs. Ran into pack of road racing women who rode with me into town, Pocatello. Janet took me all the way downtown (I would’ve never found on my own), to the bike shop and pointed out places to eat. Dean at shop showed me route out of town, and we talked about riding in P town. Pizza was good lunch. Oh yeah, Pocatello has a cool old downtown, lots of old brick buildings.

Mellow ride out and through Fort Hall Indian Res., only two dogs chased me. Ran into another cyclist who told me roads to take. Stopped at store in Fort Hall. People on the Res. seemed to be into what I was doing. Got into Blackfoot and checked out town a bit. Also some good old buildings. Staying at the Y Motel. I guess that is the question, “Why?” Could be a loud Friday night, some homeys hanging around. A fight broke out not even a half hour after I got here. Looks to be a hot ride through the desert tomorrow. Got to leave early.

No comments:

Post a Comment